Peter G. Scott, Law Offices, PLLC
682 S Ferguson Ave. #4
Bozeman, MT 59718
Peter G. Scott, Attorney
After years of practicing in larger firms, Peter Scott returned to Bozeman to start Peter G. Scott, Law Offices, PLLC to continue representing a broad range of clients and better serve them throughout the Columbia Basin. He is well known for his in-depth knowledge of land use, water rights and environmental law. Peter has published articles and lectured extensively on a broad range of related topics. A list of publications and presentations can be found on the Works page.
After 11 years in the U.S. Navy, Peter earned his Bachelor of Science in Geology from the University of Massachusetts. He worked as a hydrogeologist for the U.S. Forest Service in Idaho and then for Fluidyne, Inc. in Montana. He then earned his Juris Doctor with Environmental Law Certificate from Northwestern School of Law of Lewis and Clark College in Portland, Oregon in 1999. He clerked for the Oregon Supreme Court for 2 years, then became an associate attorney with Preston Gates Ellis LLP in Spokane, Washington for 6 years. He then moved to Montana and began his work at Gough Shanahan Johnson & Waterman, LLP, where he practiced for 8 years and became a partner.
Peter Scott works as litigation and regulatory counsel for corporate, government and private clients in Washington, Idaho, Oregon and Montana, with a focus on water, land use, utilities, environmental law, and commercial litigation.
- 1999 – Northwestern School of Law of Lewis and Clark College – Juris Doctor with Environmental Law Certificate, Cornelius Honor Society, Dean’s Fellow
- 1991 – University of Massachusetts – Bachelor of Science in Geology, cum laude, National Science Foundation Research fellow, L.R. Wilson Award
Volunteer and Community Activity
- Pro bono counsel for Energy Share of Montana
- Youth Soccer Referee
- Former School Board Trustee, Gallatin Gateway School
- 2000 Pro bono Lawyer of the Year, Marion-Polk County